Senior Schedule Analyst
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
In this role at JPL, you will be a Senior Schedule Analyst and a member of the Project Controls Section. You will report administratively to the Project Schedule Controls Group Supervisor. The Project Schedule Analyst (PSA) will lead, advise, and assess the creation, validation, approval, and maintenance of schedules for the project or project components/element while interpreting and ensuring adherence to business, project, and program requirements
The PSA responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leads in the development, maintenance, analysis, and reporting of all project level schedules, associated metrics, and schedule products for large, critical and/or highly complex projects, project components/elements, programs or new business while interpreting and ensuring adherence to system requirements.
- Assesses and validates the cost/schedule baseline integrity to ensure that it is effective, accurate and executable.
- Leads the identification and communication of anomalies in the schedule data, analyzes and validates the horizontal logic and critical path traceability between subsystem schedule plans, recommends and implements mitigated schedule plans.
- Ensures the application and analysis of the Earned Value policies and procedures.
- Being accountable, as a member of the business team, for the results on multifunctional and/or multidisciplinary projects and assignments, including performance standards, budget and schedule
- Maintains detailed network schedules in MS Project Server including the extraction and analysis of various schedule related data (i.e. receivable/deliverable data, baseline vs. actual activity count, etc.), analysis of earn value performance data, preparation of slack tables, critical path analyses, etc., required for monthly/quarterly reporting
- Potentially travel to subcontractor facilities, if required.
- Serves as an essential team leader on project teams inside and outside organization, project, activity or function, including outside of JPL with subcontractor team members or other NASA centers/sponsors
- Mentoring and coaching others internal and external to the business organization.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree with 9 years professional hands-on experience in project scheduling
- Advanced knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to schedule planning.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Project and Kidasa Milestones Pro software
- Complete knowledge of Laboratory and NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
- Experience in a project team environment with project reporting, integrated cost/schedule planning and baseline control, schedule analysis, EVM, and various performance measurement techniques.
- Familiarity with development and fabrication of spacecraft subsystems and instruments.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/designated_country_list_8-16-2019_tagged_0.pdf
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109