Pricing Analyst III
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
In this position, you will be a member of the Cost Estimation and Pricing Section and will report to the Group Supervisor of the Pricing Office. You will be responsible for providing Laboratory wide support for the generation of cost/price detail including proposals, Task Plans, ROM's, what-if exercises, etc. through utilization of JPL approved pricing tools and proper application of JPL's published rates and factors. Provide audit support, analysis of cost information in support of customer and JPL management reviews, compliance reviews to ensure JPL is consistent with internal as well as Government regulations, review to ensure adequacy of supporting cost detail (i.e. Basis of Estimates) and required approval of pricing detail in support of any submittal that can potentially commit the Laboratory.
Provide support and leadership to engineering functions to ensure completeness of estimating for materiel and subcontracted efforts in proposal planning and task orders. Perform cost analysis on subcontract proposals. Perform independent financial assessments of a project's monthly financial performance by analyzing and preparing cost, schedule, and technical metrics, subcontract performance, risks, and reserve status to assess a project's estimate at complete (EAC) and overall performance. Brief the above activities to the CFO and upper management as required. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating with Section Management in the development and conducting of training for all personnel on cost estimation and proposal related topics.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in business, or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: proposal pricing, cost estimating, government contracting (FAR), business management, program control..
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in proposal pricing, estimating and government contracting (FAR). Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in proposal pricing, cost estimation, government contracting (FAR)
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/designated_country_list_8-16-2019_tagged_0.pdf
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109