Staff Assistant II
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The Instrument Electronics and Software Section at JPL delivers one-of-a-kind technology and groundbreaking research that further the understanding of the universe around us. We are seeking an organized, effective, and motivated Staff Assistant Level 2 to provide outstanding customer service to our technical management and staff. You will report to the Business Administration Manager (BAM).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide office support to Group Supervisors and assigned group members
- Prepare and submit travel reservations (domestic, foreign, conference) and expense reports including conference forecasting
- Coordinate interviews for JPL and Affiliate candidates including preparing and submitting JPL-ID requests preparing interview schedules, and receiving visitors
- Coordinate JPL new hire preparations including new employee checklist and initial technical training setup
- Plan section events and oversee day-of logistics
- Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; related required training.
- Must be very detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently and with teams
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple tasks while meeting commitments with high quality results and output
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and provide excellent customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with web-based business tools such as Concur, P-card, etc.
- Ability to identify, learn, and apply new processes to improve business operations
- General understanding of facilities, safety, property and applies knowledge and skills in these areas
- Experience booking foreign and domestic business travel
- Previous experience in event planning
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/designated_country_list_8-16-2019_tagged_0.pdf
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109