Cybersecurity Program Manager IV
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to develop the future of JPL’s infrastructure? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
At Jet Propulsion Laboratory, we depend on innovation and technical excellence to develop IT systems that provide the edge we need to explore the universe. We are looking for a Cybersecurity Program Manager to join our team, who innovates & shares our passion for technology. The cybersecurity program manager will support the execution of product cybersecurity elements across global programs and services. The cybersecurity program manager will support the execution of product cybersecurity elements across global programs and services. Executions include working with multiple security, IT and engineering leadership/stakeholders and a variety of security, IT and engineering technical resources to identify and plan physical and cybersecurity work to meet/exceed corporate initiatives. Deliverables include, but are not limited to, creating work breakdown structures (WBS), project plans, project cost estimates, project recommendations, status reports and executive presentations.
- Manage multiple projects with broad scope, ambiguity, and high degree of difficulty
- Expert in demonstrating proficiency in a wide range of information Cybersecurity technologies, embedded security, and platforms.
- Resolve problems that are typically unusual and difficult - gather and interpret complex qualitative or quantitative data.
- Launch, plan and take ownership of the global Cyber program structure.
- Maintain a working knowledge of cybersecurity principles and elements.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline plus 9 or more years of related experience; or Master's degree in relevant discipline plus 7 or more years’ experience or Ph.D. with 5 years in relevant discipline.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Structured project management experience in deploying security-related initiatives
- Ability to handle flexible schedules and constrained resources while simultaneously advising line/upper management for key decision points with available/limited data.
- Expert knowledge of the cybersecurity compliance frameworks applicable to the role, e.g. NIST 800-53 Rev. 4, ISO 27001, DHS ICAM Guidance.
- Extensive project management experience in computer and network systems, including cybersecurity.
- Solid analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Knowledge of and experience in systems lifecycle management and systems engineering a plus
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/designated_country_list_8-16-2019_tagged_0.pdf
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109