Systems Engineer - Entry Level
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
JPL has been at the center of the most sophisticated engineering triumphs in human history. That success comes from our world-renowned specialists in the field of Systems Engineering. Our innovations in ultra-reliable robotic and human-robotic space exploration would be impossible without Systems Engineering & Formulation. JPL Systems Engineers serve the entirety of the Lab, from formulation of mission concepts through development, testing, and launch.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mission Concept Development
- Project Systems Engineering
- Project Software Systems Engineering
- End-to-End Information Systems
- Systems Modeling & Analysis
- Flight System Architecting and Behaviors
- Flight System Systems Engineering
- Electrical Systems Engineering
- Entry, Descent, & Landing Systems Engineering
- Flight System-Level Autonomy and Fault Management
- Payload Systems Engineering
- Project Verification & Validation
- Flight Systems Integration & Test
- Launch Vehicle Integration Engineering
- Special Program Systems Engineering
- Hardware and Software Configuration Management for Flight Projects
- Information Management.
- Management and Development of Computer Aided Engineering Tools and Data
- Cyber Defense Systems Engineering
- Enterprise Systems Engineering
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in systems engineering or a related engineering major.
- Minimum of a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.