Engineering Year-round Part-time Internships
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
Our missions are complex, long-lasting, far-reaching, and each one is unique. We’re constantly developing new mission-specific technologies. For engineers, researchers, scientists, and technologists who like to test the limits, JPL is a constant source of new stimulating challenges.
JPL is seeking highly motivated college and university students with intellectual curiosity to join our team and aid in our quest to ensure mission success. In this role you would be a vital team member in a JPL engineering group. You will partner with lead engineers to work on projects like JPL’s spacecrafts, science instruments, mission control systems, and science analysis pipelines.
Exciting opportunities include, but not limited to:
- Electrical Engineer
- Guidance and Control Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Navigation Engineer
- Optical Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Research / Science / Technology Engineer
- Systems Engineer
Majors include, but not limited to:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Civil Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Materials & Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Optical Engineering Physics
- Systems Engineering
- Students are typically enrolled at least half-time at an accredited local college or university pursuing a Bachelor's, Master’s, or PhD in a technical or engineering major related to work assignment
- Must be available to work a minimum of 8 hours per week, with a maximum of 30 hours per week during the academic school year
- Must be available to work during the Summer Full time (40 hours per week).
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent
- Recently completed coursework providing an understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in related work assignment
- General knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in related work assignment
- Relevant internship experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Good verbal and written communications skills with ability to work in a team environment
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.