Experienced Security Representative
Excel in an environment that values exploration and discovery. We have a universe of opportunities waiting for you!
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is NASA’s lead center for robotic exploration of the solar system. Our core competency is the end-to-end implementation of unprecedented robotic space missions to study Earth, the Solar System, and the Universe.
JPL, located in Pasadena, California, has a casual, campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
As an Industrial Security Representative Level III you will report to the Group Supervisor of our Special Programs Group, which is responsible for oversight and supervision of the Laboratory's Industrial Security Program. You will provide life-cycle protection and security risk management for assigned projects and support program requirements across non-traditional and traditional security fields to include: Program Protection, Operational Security, Information Systems Security, Physical Security, Technical Security, Personnel Security, Communications Security (COMSEC), and other Industrial Security fields. In this position, you may also be called upon to direct a team of group members from our Pasadena, CA office in support of one or more of these efforts. In addition, you will: interact with and matrix support to the National Security Program Office (NSPO) to ensure compliance with proposed and ongoing business involving Special Programs; ensure that all facets of any program assigned to you is in audit ready condition through regular pre-inspection and process improvement activities; interact with and matrix support to the NASA Management Office Security function and provide mentorship, as required; assist management staff with special projects; maintain a safe working environment; demonstrate a strong customer focus and collaborate well with other partners; and be available as primary or delegate 24/7 in order to support various Cognitive Security Agency (CSA) requirements.
This position is challenged every day with both traditional and non-traditional security issues. The work is diverse, requires respectful and considerate communication skills, as well as a proven ability to cultivate collaborative relationships, encourage collaboration and promote partnership. If this environment interests you and you have a desire to protect National Security while helping JPL succeed in this arena, please apply!
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, Information Assurance, etc. with a minimum of 8 years of related experience; Masters with 6 years of related experience; or PhD with 2 years related experience.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of sophisticated principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Industrial Security.
- Advanced knowledge in both Collateral and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) classified program procedures and policies.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Dedication to high standards of quality and compliant work products.
- Creative, flexible, and inventive in finding solutions to overcome challenges.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5-year scope and be able to be approved for SCI accesses.
- Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO), Facility Security Officer (FSO) and COMSEC experience a plus.
- Knowledge of NISPOM/ICD 705 Standard.
- Prior team lead or management experience consisting
Note: This position may be classified at one level higher than the posted level. A determination will be made once the final candidate has been identified.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.