Senior Teamcenter Solution Architect
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
JPL's Product Lifecycle Management team is seeking a Sr. Teamcenter Solution Architect to provide both functional and technical leadership for the planning, architecture, and implementation of Siemen's Teamcenter Unified Architecture, Teamcenter Active Workspace Client, NX, and SWIM, along with various other CAE applications. Our collaborative team is responsible for developing the PLM technical strategies and overall technological architecture roadmap for stakeholders across the lab.
- Partner with the Engineering Project Manager, Engineering PLM Lead, and stakeholders focusing on Teamcenter Unified Architecture (UA) technologies and CAE integrated tools.
- Establish close partnership with stakeholder and governance body to help drive product roadmap and define/enforce standards and policies.
- Learn about the current Teamcenter PLM application architecture and capabilities to evaluate the technical and business impact of future software releases.
- Work closely with the Engineering Project Manager/Engineering Teamcenter Lead/Stakeholders and IT development team to ensure strong communication and integration between Engineering and IT.
- Collaborate with technical team members and external customers to define and implement solutions for PLM/CAE applications including streamlining processes, evaluating impact, updating or replacing existing solutions, determining deliverables, and developing communication plans.
- Oversee Teamcenter, NX, and SolidWorks deployments including application configurations, testing, user acceptance testing, application delivery, mechanical library management, and issue tracking and resolutions.
- Provide technical guidance on PLM and Engineering Application projects involving CAD/CAM/CAE.
- Manage performance and availability issues in different Teamcenter implementations, serving as a go to person for complex issues that may arise in Production/QA DEV environments.
- Perform system analysis, tuning and optimization on PLM server.
- Deliver prototypes to help customers and product team understand new features/functionalities.
- Assist process leads with application roadmaps to facilitate long range planning and budgeting application development.
- Interface with engineering staff of all levels and work with PLM vendors for resolutions to highly complex and unique design issues.
- Assist EPDM staff in the documentation of best practices for Teamcenter.
- Work closely with other senior team members in the customization and integration of recommended CAE design tools for the Mechanical Sub-process of DBAT (Design, Build, Assemble and Test).
- Report to the Product Lifecycle Management Systems and Data Engineering Section and a member of the PLM CAE Group reporting to Group Manager.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 12 years of related experience; or a Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 8 years related experience.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Data Management (PDM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Bill of Material (BOM) Management, Mechanical/Electrical CAD, Model-based Engineering, Additive Manufacturing.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Product Data Management, Project Management, Requirements Gathering, User Acceptance, Major Upgrades, Software implementation and validation.
- A consistent track record demonstrating the design, development, implementation, delivery, upgrade, and maintenance of PDM and PLM systems.
- Expert knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter UA v12.x or above, encompassing BMIDE, Workflow, Access Management (ADA), Project Security, Organization, Groups and Roles, Dispatcher service, Active Workspace Client, Reporting and Analytics.
- Experience in Siemens NX v1857 or above encompassing Bill of Materials, Assembly Management, Library Development, Visualization, Data translation, CheckMate.
- Significant experience in mechanical design with proven ability to design highly complex and unique 3D models.
- Experience with Teamcenter CAD Connector integration with SolidWorks, Altium, etc.
- Experience with ITK Development, C++, Java
- Excellent leadership skills, capable of synergizing and guiding a team of functional and technical individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of effectively capturing and communicating technical information at all levels.
- Excellent product delivery experience interfacing with sponsors, stakeholders, process owners, and users.
- Preferred Skills:
- Recognized expert in PLM/CAE applications
- Experience with SolidWorks, Altium, Mentor Graphics
- Background with Siemens Teamcenter Translation Server
- Experience with SOA Gateway and integration with Oracle ESB/SOA technology
- Agile Software Development using Jira for tracking issues and resolutions
- Software configuration management using GIT Hub for code repository
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.