HR Support IV
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The Human Resources (HR) team at JPL is on a voyage of innovation, discovery, and modernization that will allow us to continue to support the JPL mission and quests. AskHR is a centralized function designed to handle a variety of HR-related services that provides higher-level customer support to all JPL employees, retirees, and applicants as a single point of entry to access all HR services.
The AskHR Support Representative position is integral to the success of AskHR. This position provides specialized direct support to the centralized function and handles a variety of HR-related services. AskHR seeks employees with the ability to provide subject matter expertise, research and respond to complex escalated issues with a high degree of customer satisfaction, expertise, accuracy and timeliness.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides administrative support for a variety of HR programs including recruiting, tuition reimbursement, awards, events, blood drives, new employee benefits and new manager orientation sessions, childcare, vendor invoicing, LOA and retirement packets, employment postings, wellness program, hospitality program, and support for training programs.
- Assists AskHR (the HR Solutions Center) Customer Support Team during peak periods.
- Provides timely and accurate information to employees. Utilizes case management system to process, document and resolve inquiries on various HR related issues. Works with internal resources to resolve employee issues and problems and escalates more complex inquiries as necessary to Subject Matter Experts.
- Assists employees with navigation of HR sites.
- Receives and responds to requests concerning HR policies/programs. Appropriately routes requests from employees to others for additional information.
- In accordance with procedures, furnishes information to authorized persons and/or agencies.
- Runs and distributes various reports on a regular basis.
- Assists employees with the completion of forms.
- Performs various other support duties as required.
- A High School diploma with 10 years of related experience, or an Associate's degree with 6 years of related experience or a Bachelor's degree with 3 years of related experience.
- Minimum of one year related customer service experience.
- Minimum of three years of Human Resource Administration experience.
- General understanding/knowledge of HR disciplines through training and experience.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, flexibility in working in a fast-paced team environment, effectively prioritizing and coordinating multiple assignments.
- Excellent customer focused communication skills (patience, attentiveness, courtesy).
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-based orientation.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in daily work.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems to achieve first call resolution.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently utilizing available resources and tools.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.