Industrial Security Representative I
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
In this position, you will report to the Special Programs Office Manager, who is responsible for the Industrial Security function at JPL to include clearance processing, classified access management, and program security support. The Industrial Security Representative (ISR) I will coordinate all aspects of an industrial security function to ensure compliance with government and Laboratory classified security regulations and policies.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Review and investigate non-compliance.
- Research and implement federal security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents and equipment.
- Assist with SCI and/or DoD COMSEC Account Management
- Support Program Security requirements
- Monitor and conduct security briefings/debriefings.
- Grant access to restricted areas, records and materials.
- Review security procedures for assigned classified program(s) to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Perform classification / sanitization review of both incoming and outgoing documents, electronic media and equipment.
- Refer document/visit requests to appropriate office. Ensure visit requests are approved.
- Ensure application of necessary security statements as appropriate on information to be released.
- May assist in testing and evaluating security systems.
- Assist with day-to-day security related activities supporting facilities management, procedure development, and documentation and support of Special Programs.
- Perform ad-hoc duties as required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5-year scope and approved or previously approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, Information Assurance or related discipline with a minimum of 1 year of related experience or a Master’s degree in similar discipline with 0 years of related experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: Program Protection, Operational Security (OPSEC), Communications Security (COMSEC), Information Systems Security (INFOSEC), physical/facility/technical security, and personnel and industrial security.
- Experience in applying security risk management processes and communicating risk and mitigation options to employee and Government partners.
- Need to demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with excellent customer service skills and teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal skills and have flexibility in working in a team with varied strengths.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.