Integration and Test Systems Engineer - TS-SCI
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
Unique opportunity for a multi-disciplined Ground Data Systems I&T System Engineer for Special Programs. You will be a member of the Ground Data Systems (GDS) Integration, Test, & Deployment Group reporting administratively to the Technical Group Supervisor and programmatically to the GDS Lead. As the GDS I&T Systems Engineer, you will develop and execute a detailed plan to test the mission operations system in an integrated ground environment. This is a position for an energetic and multi-disciplined ground engineer who is customer-focused, articulate, reacts well to changes, can multi-task, and work well independently and within a team environment.
Will be responsible to:
- Develop and execute system level test procedures.
- Dry-run test procedures, scripts and products using test resources.
- Trouble-shoot and document anomalies.
- Lead anomaly resolution teams.
- Support and participate in the execution of element level mission operations V&V.
- Lead in the execution of the Integrated Ground V&V campaign.
- Lead coordination and execution of End-to-End Testing.
- Lead teams that support and maintains the mission system software and hardware environments.
- Lead implementation of task plans as they pertain to the GDS.
- Support program milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, EE, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Systems Engineering knowledge and lifecycle experience in one or more of the following areas: Mission Operations Systems (MOS), Ground Data Systems (GDS), and system Verification and Validation (V&V).
- Strong Virtual Machine (VM) skills in configuring, maintaining, and deploying multiple VM instances in an environment.
- Strong Information Technology skills and proficiency in: Linux Operating Systems, database applications such as FileMaker Pro and MySQL; scripting languages such as Python and STOL; cloud computing; and JAVA
- Leadership abilities to manage a team of System Administrators to support the working IT environment.
- Experience using requirements management systems such as DOORs.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and execution of ground test campaigns.
- Direct experience in working effectively across multiple organizations.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and incorporate innovations.
- Demonstrated experience working with source control applications and workflow applications such as GitHub and JIRA.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills required for customer interface.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background investigation (SBBI) within a 5-year scope and must be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
- Direct experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience in applicable DoD policies and procedures pertaining to Ground Systems and Mission Operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in software systems I&T and deployment.
- Prior experience working in a 24x7, high-availability, operations engineering environment.
- Experience in maintaining program external technical interfaces.
- Understanding of JPL Flight Project Practices and Design Principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving software/hardware infrastructure
- Ability to work with multiple customers on premises and remote
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109