Experienced Security Communications Technician
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
- Installs, programs, tests, repairs, and services a variety of electronic hardware and equipment which includes access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection systems with guidance as needed.
- Provide technical support and training for customers to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Interprets manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions.
- Good customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
- Broad technical skills and experience related to electronic security systems
- Familiar with blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures
- Ability to develop basic programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
- Must be a self-starter and work well without supervision
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper)
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- BS Electronics or related area.
- 5 years of security systems techician experience in video, access and security.
- Candidates should have a background in an equivalent field such as electronic security, data-cable installation, public address systems. Lenel, Milestone, Axis training a plus.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109