Advanced Oracle Financials and/or Projects Systems Analyst
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The Enterprise Business Information Services (EBIS) Division maintains stewardship over the ever-evolving Business IT portfolio of applications and systems required to support the Laboratory's robust and complex business processes. EBIS manages the full systems lifecycle across all major business processes, provides technical services and support, and strategically partners with the Laboratory's business community. Key organizational initiatives include a business intelligence program, data analytics, and adopting agile methodologies and tools.
Do you live to analyze data? Love technical challenges? Enjoy working with others? Would you like to play a part in developing and maintaining the business systems that support JPL’s amazing planetary, Earth science and space-based astronomy missions? Our Project and Institutional Finance Information Services Section is looking for technical talent to do just that. This opportunity seeks an Enterprise Systems Analyst within the EBIS Division who will report to the PIFIS (Projects and Institutional Finance Information Services) Section. Some of the major projects that our Section is working on this coming year is integrating our current set of applications with Workday HCM, implementing a new Earned Value Management system and work with the Finance Division to simplify JPL’s Burden Structure.
This analyst position is perfect for someone who is interested in and has what it takes to support a variety of applications and business processes. Responsibilities will include providing business design solutions and support for third party vendor software and JPL custom business applications. This includes participation in the software selection process, implementation and development support. This individual will be an accountable team member providing support to our Oracle E-Business Suite Financials and Project Costing applications as well as other custom business applications and processes that we have created.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with team members and business communities to gain solid understanding of JPL’s Finance, Contract Management and Program & Project Business Management processes
- Elicit and capture business requirements including fit/gap analysis using various requirement models
- Decompose requirements and model from simple to complex business processes in order to validate requirements
- Develop user stories, test scripts, test plans and test scenarios
- Conduct feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase and provide findings and considerations
- Assess impacts of system changes and ensure effective delivery of application functionality and integration
- Modify, setup, and/or configure business applications
- Partner with other analysts and software engineers to design, develop and test business software applications and interface solutions that will be delivered into JPL’s Enterprise computing system environment
- Facilitate the maintenance, support, and upgrade of existing systems; coordinate and communicate software upgrades, enhancements and changes with impacted team members and business partners
- Assist business communities with acceptance testing of final results, either for an enhancement to the existing applications or when introducing new functionality in a service request or project
- Evaluate technologies and recommend solutions to optimize IT and business processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical/functional production issues
- Perform impact analysis, obtain approvals and collaborate with other team members within IT and business partners before production changes are made
- Review application releases along with making recommendations of when to apply these changes if applicable
- Create and support third party service requests to resolution
- Write simple to complex queries to support audit requests or business partners’ reporting requests
- Look for opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to existing applications and architectures including configurations
- Provide direction and mentoring to others within the organization
This position typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business or a related discipline, with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; a Masters degree in a similar discipline, with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or a PhD in a similar discipline, with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience/skill set:
- Must have a minimum of 6+ years’ experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite Financials and/or Oracle Project Costing
- Ability to interface with staff and management at all levels
- Ability to gather and translate customer business requirements into system requirements
- Must be a resourceful, self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently without appreciable direction
- Knowledge of principles and practices of the software development lifecycle
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109