Senior PLM Systems Analyst
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
Lead Enterprise Systems Analyst opportunity to work in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)/Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Group.
Your responsibilities include:
- Configure, manage, and support Siemens NX for Mechanical Design and Modeling: Integration with Teamcenter, Assembly Load Rules, Assembly Structure Analysis, Part Family, Library Management, Customer Defaults, Attribute Mapping, Drawing Templates, and Simulation. NX version 1847 or above.
- Configure, manage, and support SolidWorks for Mechanical Design and Modeling: SWIM integration with Teamcenter, Customer Defaults, Attribute Mapping, Drawing Templates, and custom settings. SolidWorks version 2016 or above, SWIM version 11 or above
- Configure, manage, and support Siemens Teamcenter-UA as the Product Data Management system: CAD tool integration (NX, SolidWorks), Multi-CAD configuration, Structure Manager, Checkmate, JT Generation, Access Management, Organization, Project Security, Workflow, Query builder, and Dispatcher. Teamcenter-UA version 11.x or above.
- Perform enterprise-wide installation, upgrade, patching, and sustainment of major CAD tools like Siemens NX, Dassault SolidWorks, and other major Mechanical CAD tools.
- Provide leadership for a team of highly skilled PLM/CAE Enterprise Systems Analysts, interface with key sponsors and customers.
- Work closely with the Engineering org (including the Engineering Project Manager, Engineering PLM Lead, and multiple Engineering Stakeholders) and IT org (including product manager, development/configuration team, helpdesk/support team, infrastructure/operations team, and line managers) to ensure strong partnership between the two orgs.
- Support classroom training for various topics in NX and Teamcenter, on an as-needed basis.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of current CAE application portfolio and the technical needs of project and functional end-users.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems within the CAE environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor, address, and resolve production CAE environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with other support teams.
- Provide demos, presentations, and training to users.
- Practitioner of agile development methodology, using project tracking tool like Jira and software CM tool like GIT.
- Provide leadership in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with developers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Assist with software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Lead tasks for the implementation of new solutions, improvements to existing solutions, and general maintenance.
- Translate functional requirements to technical design and solution.
- Provide technical consultancy to product owners and stakeholders,
- Develop and maintain user and technical manuals and guidelines
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or Ph.D in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Position requires prior experience in at least one of the following areas: Project Management, System administration, Database administration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Client/Server, Installation and Configuration Management, or System architecture development.
Other essential requirements include:
- Wide-ranging experience in one or more of the following areas: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Data Management (PDM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Bill of Material (BOM) Management, Additive Manufacturing, Mechanical/Electrical CAD, Model-based Engineering, Content Management Systems (CMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- In-depth knowledge and direct working experience with the core technologies typically used to support multi-tier enterprise application platforms, lifecycle management systems, and there implementation, delivery, and operations
- Extensive understanding of enterprise application principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Product Data Management, Project Management, Requirements Gathering, User Acceptance, Software implementation and validation, and/or Production System roll-out
- Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities in native CAE applications and Data Management as they apply to analysis disciplines.
- Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership skills, capable of synergizing, and guiding a team of highly technical individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of effectively capturing and communicating technical information at all levels.
- Extensive product delivery experience interfacing with sponsors, stakeholders, process owners, and users.
- Experience with large data systems utilized by Engineering organizations
- Siemens NX v.1847 encompassing Bill of Materials, Assembly Management, Library Development, Visualization, JT Generation, Data translation, CheckMate.
- Mechanical design with proven ability to design highly complex and unique 3D models
- Teamcenter CAD Connector integration with SolidWorks, Altium, etc.
- Siemens Teamcenter Active Workspace Client
- SOA Gateway and integration with Oracle ESB/SOA technology
- Agile Software Development using Jira for tracking issues and resolutions
- Helpdesk support using ServiceNow
- Previous implementation and maintenance experience with PDM systems and Mechanical design software, preferably Siemens Teamcenter UA 11 or higher and Siemens NX version 1847 or higher
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109