Staff Assistant III
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated Staff Assistant level 3 to join our team and be a member of the Acquisition Division’s Enterprise and Non-Flight R&D Section. You will report to the and will be responsible for providing office support to the Section Manager, four groups within the Section, including approximately 35 subcontracts managers. This involves prioritizing your work and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Providing various daily, weekly and/or monthly reporting for customers and section members
- Distributing information & coordinating requests and pick up of visitors
- Arranging and processing travel
- Coordinating personnel moves & supporting the on-boarding and off-boarding process
- Managing the outlook calendar management for leadership; coordinating and scheduling special events/conferences/appointments
- Supporting the section's training needs and Division Training Coordinator utilizing the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Setting up and maintaining electronic files; purchasing and organizing supplies/services
- Arranging purchase of and tracking of all property, communications, and IT equipment/subscriptions and applicable institutional charges
- Assisting with presentation materials, spreadsheets, reports, and audits
- Being accountable for facilities and service requests to maintain office equipment and a safe working environment
- Assisting with direct customer help inquiries
- Participating on teams within own organization and interacting with organizational peers; resolve immediate day-to-day common issues; standard JPL support to Section such as guidance on Administrative issues
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 8 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 4 years related experience; or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; related required training.
- Team oriented, working best in a collaborative environment and thrives on interactions with others
- Utilizes innovative and creative approaches to achieve business situations when necessary
- Adaptive and agile with technology and rapid changes
- Motivated self-starter who takes the initiative to perform activities and resolve unusual or nonstandard problems.
- Advanced understanding of both general and detailed aspects of job and work techniques in the administrative profession; as well as practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered
- Advanced understanding of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and applies knowledge and skills in this area
- Advanced understanding of applicable policies, procedures, and practices in timekeeping, travel and other institutional systems
- Opportunities to propose new work techniques and efficiencies
- Ability to evaluate situations and apply good judgment in any necessary resolution
- Must have excellent spelling, grammar, written and oral communication skills & strong interpersonal skills
- Must exercise proper discretion when handling assignments of a discreet nature and when dealing with sensitive material
- Knowledge of JPL policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with a diverse workforce
- Uses opportunities to learn and expand areas where value can be added
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109