Engineering Technical Facilities - Part-Time Internship
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
JPL's Technical Facilities Management (TFM) group is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, testing and certifying cleanroom environments on lab to meet projects contamination control requirements. TFM is also responsible for supporting Instruments and Spacecraft Integration & Test customers by providing an infrastructure that meets their requirement for cleanliness, cleanroom protocol, access control, electrical power, cabling, network capabilities, mechanical lifting devices, overhead cranes, cryogenics and other miscellaneous facility support needs. TFM is responsible for maintaining and monitoring these critical system level facilities to ensure personnel and system safety.
Will be an Academic Part-Time Undergraduate Student (APX) in the Electronic Manufacturing, Packaging & Technical Services Section 356 and report to the Technical Facilities Management Group 356D Supervisor.
- Will be responsible for evaluating current break-out-box and cable inventory, scanning and uploading cable data to the TFM group website, reconciling inventory data, and re-engineering the inventory data into SharePoint and designing and developing a more efficient interface and process.
- Will work with the project engineers to fulfill their project cabling requirements.
- Will also assist in migrating over, and updating, various SharePoint sites within the TFM group and the section
- Will support the cleanroom certification engineer in evaluating, maintaining and monitoring system level cleanrooms metrics.
- Will support cleanroom engineer in evaluating HEPA filter replacement schedule, performance data, and metrics.
- Work will also include monitoring instrumentation for facility support operations to ensure occupational and system safety. Respond to project-specific tasks and requests for supporting flight hardware and JCI operations in cleanrooms.
- Must be currently enrolled at least half-time at an accredited college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering major.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Must have general computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, especially Excel, data analysis
- Must have knowledge of object oriented programming using HTML/CSS, JQuery
- Experience with general database management (MSSQL)
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint lists and libraries, knowledge of InfoPath and Designer is a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with engineers and business personnel
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, with a maximum of 30 hours per week while in school.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109