Staff Assistant IV
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
As a Staff Assistant IV you will be supporting Division Manager, Section/Office Managers and Division Staff in the Financial Management Division.
The Financial Management Division supports the exploration and innovation of the Laboratory’s missions by ensuring the finance and accounting policies and procedures of the Laboratory are efficient, effective and compliant with relevant regulations. The Division’s functions encompass Institutional Accounting, Travel and Invoice Management, Financial Planning, Analysis & Compliance, and the Strategic Planning & Innovation Office. We pride ourselves on innovative solutions to business problems, on the products and services we deliver and on the relationships we build that provide us unique windows into the amazing work being accomplished at JPL.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to Division Managers, Section/Office Managers and Division Staff.
- Proactively manage complex calendars, coordinate conference calls via WebEx, prepare meeting agendas and related materials in advance of meetings and take minutes at meetings, when necessary.
- Manage and maintain division conference rooms and schedules.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, prepare and process travel and expense reports.
- Answer phones and review complex and unique inquiries and mail, determines priority and takes initiative to respond appropriately.
- Process iProcurement, PCard, and Procurement Requisitions.
- Monitor Unified Charging System (UCS) for the Division.
- Provide facilities and property management gateway (PMG) support for the Division.
- Prepare and process visitor requests and affiliate badge requests.
- Act as record liaison and assist with record shipment and recall.
- Act as Division Safety Coordinator and perform Ergonomic Evaluations.
- Initiate and compose complex, sensitive correspondence requiring extensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Process and maintains highly sensitive and confidential information accordingly.
- Coordinate special events including event logistics.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as requested.
- Typically requires a High School diploma with 10 years of related experience; Associates with 6 years of related experience; Bachelors with 3 years of related experience; or related required training.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple tasks with limited supervision, and produce high quality products. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service philosophy and professionalism in performing the job and interfacing with all levels of personnel within and across multiple organizations.
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as Microsoft Outlook and WebEx.
- Extensive understanding of JPL policies, procedures and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience in, making travel arrangements.
- Previous Division/Project/Section Office experience.
- Ability to write, edit and produce a variety of types of documentation.
- Experience in the development, format, and organization of presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Self-starter with the desire to seek out, learn and apply new information to enhance office procedures and processes.
- Ability to interact with diverse personnel at all levels.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109