Electronics Engineer I
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
As a member of the Electronics Technology Group, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist senior engineers in the design, testing, and delivery of instrument electronics.
- Contribute to the design, layout, analysis, and characterization of mixed signal electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Collaborate with team members and internal customers in the generation of engineering requirements and specification documentation for instrument electronics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline with 1 year of related experience; or a Master’s degree in a similar discipline.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following areas: analog/digital circuit design, RF design, and printed circuit board layout.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and power supplies.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Previous work experience in the design and test of mixed signal electronics.
- Working knowledge of industry standard design tools, such as SPICE and Altium Designer.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109