HR Programs Representative III
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The Human Resources (HR) team at JPL is on a voyage of innovation, discovery, and modernization that will allow us to continue to support the JPL mission and quests. The Human Resources Solutions Center (HRSC), AskHR, is a centralized function designed to handle a variety of HR-related services that provides higher-level customer service support to all JPL employees, retirees, applicants, and affiliates as a single point of entry to access all HR services.
The AskHR HR Programs Representative position is integral to the success of AskHR. This position provides specialized direct support to the centralized function and handles a variety of HR-related services. AskHR seeks employees with the ability to provide subject matter expertise, research and respond to complex escalated issues with a high degree of customer satisfaction, expertise, accuracy and timeliness.
Serves as administrator for specific HR programs such as leave of absence and accommodations, events and new employee orientation, and Affirmative Action Plan and other ad hoc reporting.
Reports to AskHR Tier 2 Manager.
- Provide subject matter expertise in multiple HR disciplines including talent acquisition, talent management, compensation, benefits, leave of absence, learning, technical training, records and data management and other HR services.
- Analyze and resolve employee and manager complex questions on various HR related issues.
- Respond and resolve Tier 1 escalated issues that require research and case management.
- Work with internal and external resources to research and resolve employee issues and problems.
- Escalate complex inquiries as necessary to Centers of Expertise subject matter experts.
- Utilize case management system to process, document and resolve inquiries.
- Assist employees with navigation of HR sites.
- Informing employees and management on human resources policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Advise employees on the completion of employment/human resources related forms and online human resources systems (e.g. benefits); verifies eligibility and accuracy.
- Analyze human resources data and create technical reports in order to identify anomalies and trends.
- Interface with vendors regarding services, reconciliations, and data validation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in AskHR regarding topics such as awards, benefits enrollment, child care assistance program, Interim Employment Program, life events, new hire processing and orientation, special projects, relocation, and retiree benefits.
- Deliver administrative support for technical training including vendor support, vendor cost proposals, room preparation, monitoring classes, course material preparation and development, and course evaluations.
- Responsible for the administration of leaves of absence and workplace accommodations.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading events such as Awards Ceremonies, Open Enrollment Fair, and Service Award Ceremonies. Requires ability to develop project plan and adhere to deadlines.
- Responsible for systems and reporting needs. Create dashboards, run reports, data validation and integrity, in Workday and the case managements systems.
- Interface with various levels from Executive Management to employees in addressing individual and programmatic needs.
- Assist AskHR HR Customer Support (Tier 1) during peak periods.
- Perform various other duties as required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of equivalent experience in Human Resources or Master's degree with 4 years of related experience or PhD with 2 years of related experience.
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Minimum of 3 years recent HR experience.
- Excellent customer focused communication skills (patience, attentiveness, courtesy).
- Strong interpersonal skills and team based orientation.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in daily work.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems to achieve first call resolution.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently utilizing available resources and tools.
- Strong written communication skills in order to respond to customer inquiries or document issues in the case management tool as the system of record.
- Experience with online HRIS and other types of HR systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to spot anomalies and trends.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Flexible and able to effectively prioritize and balance competing priorities working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Familiarity with reporting tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to consult and advise customers and management as a subject matter expert.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- 6+ years of HR experience.
- HR certification.
- Technical computer proficiency including Workday, HR Solution Center software applications, and disability management tracking system.
- Experience creating, running and validating reports in Workday or other HRIS systems.
- Capability to create metrics and dashboards in Workday or other HRIS systems.
- Strong written communication skills in order to document issues in the case management/LOA tracking tool as the system of record.
- Deep subject matter expertise in Leave of Absence management and administration to tailor leave provisions with the unique needs of the individual. Including keeping current with state and federal laws and programs.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109