Industrial Security Rep
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
In this position, you will report to the Special Programs Office Manager, who is responsible for the Industrial Security function at JPL to include clearance processing, classified access management, and program security support. The Industrial Security Representative (ISR) will coordinate all aspects of an industrial security function to ensure compliance with government and Laboratory classified security regulations and policies.
- Review and investigate non-compliance.
- Research and implement federal security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents and equipment
- Monitor and conduct security briefings/debriefings
- Grant access to restricted areas, records and materials
- Investigate security violations and prepare preventive action reports
- Review security procedures for assigned classified program(s) to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Responsible for the destruction of classified and confidential information to assure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Input own observations to the development of policies and procedures for the destruction of classified and confidential information and the retention of and access to those materials.
- Perform classification / sanitization review of both incoming and outgoing documents, electronic media and equipment.
- Refer document/visit requests to appropriate office. Ensure visit requests are approved.
- Ensure application of necessary security statements as appropriate on information to be released.
- Apply deep understanding of the state-of-the-art in intrusion detection systems and devices, safes and other storage containers, locks and locking systems, and personnel entry control systems in assessing various situations related to maintenance and alarms.
- May inspect, analyze, test and evaluate security systems.
- Assist with day-to-day security related activities supporting facilities management, procedure development, and documentation and support of Special Programs.
- Perform ad-hoc duties and assist other Protective Services Division as required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years or a Master’s degree with 1 years of combined, confirmed security experience for traditional and/or non-traditional, national security, Special Programs—in one or more of the following security disciplines: Program Protection, OPSEC, Communications Security (COMSEC), Information Systems Security (INFOSEC), physical/facility/technical security, and personnel and industrial security.
- Validated knowledge, experience and expertise in applying security risk management processes and communicating risk and mitigation options to employee and Government partners.
- Need to demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with excellent customer service skills and teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal skills and have flexibility in working in a team with varied strengths.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5-year scope and approved or previously approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at http://oiir.hq.nasa.gov/nasaecp/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109