Contracts Administrator III
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The Office of Contracts Management (OCM) is the Laboratory’s primary point of contact between NASA, Caltech, and Laboratory personnel on all matters relating to administration of the Prime Contract. The execution and management of contractual matters and all other aspects of the administration of the Prime Contract are within the purview of the OCM. It is our mission to provide innovative contract solutions and be the interpretive body for contract requirements, deliverables and policy detailed in the Prime Contract for our internal and external partners.
On this team you will play a vital role in the responsibility of leading and/or participating in highly complex proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities in accordance with company policies, contract & legal requirements, and customer specifications from inception to closeout.
Also serve as a primary point of contact for the Lab and responsible individual for all assigned contractual matters.
- Provide overall leadership and expertise in the development, coordination, and management of proposals/task plans that are large and complex in nature. Also, administer all contractually-related matters and institutional positions associated with large complex task orders through closeout.
- Ensure timely and effective customer communications while building and maintaining positive customer relationships. Collaborate with internal and external partners and customers working as a contract authority and involved team member.
- Initiate and/or coordinate contract/funding related documents in accordance with contract specifications and company policy.
- Provide contractual interpretation, guidance and direction to JPL personnel in adherence with upper management and OGC directives/positions, as well as advise internal and external customers of contractual rights and obligations.
- Negotiate and process Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and other contractual Agreements with Government agencies and/or Commercial organizations.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Active or ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance is a plus.
- Proficiency in personal computer applications and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) in order to execute the work required; including the ability to learn ORACLE and other institutional applications.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: administration of Government cost-type Research and Development (R&D) contracts; prime or subcontract administration.
- Extensive understanding, interpretation, and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in FAR, Government policies and other government regulations
- Ability to take the initiative to bring assigned tasks to successful completion with minimal direct supervision and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply good judgment when making business decisions; and the ability to work with all levels of management and personnel.
- Detail-oriented person with proven ability to multi-task and handle many assignments concurrently and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/designated_country_list_8-16-2019_tagged_0.pdf
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109