Subcontracts Part-Time Internship
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
This Subcontracts Part-Time Intern will have the opportunity to work alongside subcontracts managers to finish or resolve all contractual requirements to ensure a complete contract for audit and review requirements. This is a critical role that also includes verifying all administrative actions have been completed, all disputes settled, and final payment has been made. Interns are committed to preparing documentation that is typically of a brief nature and that is appropriate to the value of the subcontracts. This diverse work has weekly assignments under direct supervision while receiving detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Must be currently enrolled at least half time at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business or related discipline.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, with a maximum of 30 hours per week while in school.
- Completed coursework with exposure to standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in business communications and database spreadsheets.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Prefer sophomore or Junior (class of 2021 or later).
- Prior internship experience in related business areas.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Participation in student organizations.
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include for employment members of underrepresented minority groups, females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available at https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/designated_country_list_8-16-2019_tagged_0.pdf
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109