Enterprise Cybersecurity Data Analytics Team Lead
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to lead the engineering and development of data analytics technologies for the security of JPL’s global network? If you answered yes, then we have the right opportunity for you! At NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, we depend on innovation and technical excellence to develop IT systems and services that provide the edge we need to explore the universe.
We are looking for Cybersecurity Data Analytics Team Lead to join our workforce who shares our passion for technology.
- Provide technical leadership and engineering expertise for the design, deployment, operations and maintenance of Cybersecurity data analytics capabilities to support and augment the JPL Cybersecurity Operations Center.
- Collaborate with technical team members and external customers to define and implement solutions for applications including streamlining processes, impact evaluation, updating or replacing existing solutions, determining deliverables, and communication plans.
- Be responsible for all aspects of deployments including application configurations, testing, user acceptance testing, application delivery, bug tracking and resolutions.
- Collaborate with the Cybersecurity technical and policy teams in evaluating technologies, strategies, policies, products and responses to Cybersecurity issues and events.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in the following areas: Cybersecurity Operations, Identity Management Systems, Network and Systems Architecture, UNIX, MAC and Windows systems administration.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in securing networked computer systems.
- In-depth knowledge and direct working experience with the following technologies: Splunk, Syslog, Artificial Intelligence Capabilities and data storage
- Experience architecting scalable systems and applications.
- Excellent leadership skills, capable of synergizing, and guiding a team of highly technical individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of effectively capturing and communicating technical information at all levels.
- Experience with at least one standard programming language: C, C++, Java, Python, PHP, Shell Scripting.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
- Demonstrated experience working individually or within cross-functional teams supporting programs with lab-wide impact.
- Demonstrated success in understanding internal business processes in a high-tech environment such as project management and designing system enhancements with positive productivity improvements by enhancing functionality of user requirements.
- Experience leading technical teams on large-scale projects through completion.
- Splunk Power User Certification
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.